I really don’t have enough to do in a day. And I lost track of my hook in the car! So I got to work on something else…
A number of people have been asking for this style of pattern from me, and here are the pictures to go with the pattern. I have charting things out but still need to get this test knit up over at Ravelry, before its ready for a printable release.
I like making these three-part shawlettes. I like how they stay on my shoulders like a little cape. I have switched over to Zen Yarn Garden silk singles, and this project is heavenly to touch.
Here is the pattern in PDF for my CandleLeaf Shawlette. This pattern is still in design and may change slightly in the final version.
I worked out this first version (in a skein of black mousse silk single) that takes about 80 grams of yarn. But I have changed the edging in the PDF version.
I started using my straight needles. I like the long tail cast on for how neat the edge is. I am using 5mm needles and a one-of-a-kind colour in the Serenity Silk Singles from Zen Yarn Garden.
Here are a few garter rows to start the neck.
This is the start of the numbered rows.
I switched over to circular needles. Easier to see the developing pattern and the shawl is going to outgrow the straight needles pretty quickly.
To this point marks a sequence in the pattern. I call this the First Segment in the pattern. Rather than go row by row, from this point forward I have taken pictures at the ends of the next segments. This is the first diamond (per area), in the Second Segment I add two (per area).
Row 30 – end of 2nd Segment
Row 44 – end of 3rd Segment
Row 58 – end of 4th Segment
And this is how far I have gotten on this pattern. I think I’m ready for testing, so I’m also ready to post! I’m going to try to get this pattern closer to using 100 gms of the skein, so I may need to frog a portion, I’ll be threading in a lifeline after the next segment and start experimenting.