Minimalist Circle Vests


I have run into some difficulty getting the math to work in the pattern I was trying to follow. I was waiting to talk to friends this weekend about the issue, and found out I’m not alone. I have turned my attention to making a knitted version of a circle shawl. Which in my case has ended up being a circle vest.  I finished another one with slightly different dimensions than the first. I also switched to a fingering cotton yarn, which I will have in my booth this year. Another cotton one to go with a solid colour, then I will experiment a bit with hemp yarns, then silk.

This is a chunky cotton I am trying to secure a supply of, not yet available this year. My more fashion attempt.

This is a fingering weight cotton I have this year. My practical attempt. Which also works much nicer for this time of year as well. Made from 51 grams of cotton, a bit more than 200 yards.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in FibreArts and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s